Ireland’s response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- 1. What COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is
- 2. Ireland’s response to confirmed cases
- 3. Ireland’s preparedness and strategy
- 4. Travel advice
- 5. Ethical framework for decision-making in a pandemic
- 6. Ethical considerations relating to critical care in the context of COVID-19
- 7. Ethical considerations for PPE use by health care workers in a pandemic
- 8. COVID-19 – A guide for the bereaved
A virus that has not previously been seen in humans was identified in Wuhan, China in December 2019.
In February 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) officially named this new Coronavirus ‘COVID-19’. This type of coronavirus is also known as SARS-CoV-2. It was previously known as 2019-nCov or novel coronavirus.
The WHO is sharing statistics on confirmed cases of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) around the world. The data is updated regularly.