Sunrise Walk, January 1st, 2023
Get your New Year off to a healthy start by joining Footfalls on a unique Wicklow walking experience to see the sunrise over the Irish Sea for the very first time in 2023.
Registration will be in the carpark at the back of Lynham’s hotel in Laragh Village Eircode, A98 K576.
Please Note: The hotel will be closed, so there will be no bathrooms available.
Level: Moderate (13 km – 495 m Ascent)
Registration: @ 05.45 am, departing at 06.00 am (sharp).
Route: Leaving Lynham’s Hotel, the walk takes us out of the village and into Ballard Forest. From here, the route takes us onto Trooperstown Hill, hopefully in time to witness the first sunrise of 2023.
Our descent takes us into Trooperstown Wood, where we will follow a short section of the Avonmore Way and back to Laragh village in time for a well-earned breakfast in Lynam’s Hotel.
Cost: €30 per person, including breakfast. Book Here
- Every walker must have submitted an entry form and paid the fee.
- Please register online
- DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE WALKS
- Participants on the walk must be 16 years or older. An adult, who will assume complete liability, must accompany participants under 16 years of age.
- Walkers must be fully equipped and capable of undertaking the walk. The committee will not accept responsibility for any accident; however it may arise.
If you need to cancel a walk that you have already paid for, please contact us before the 26th of December 2022; 5% bank fees and handling charges will apply. After that date (NO REFUND)
- Good waterproof walking boots with good ankle support.
- Good rain jacket & over-trousers
- Warm clothing, dress with layers rather than one heavy sweatshirt
- BackPack, lined with a plastic bag to contain some extra clothing
- Hat and Gloves
- Head Torch/Flashlight
- Walking poles and gaiters (Optional)
- Hot drink & water
- A good sense of adventure & fun!
It is the responsibility of the participants to ensure they are suitably equipped for the walk.
Jeans and trainers/runners are not suitable for mountain walking.
Unless walkers are wearing suitable walking boots and clothing, they will not be allowed to participate in the walk!