Sunrise Walk, January 1st, 2024
Get your New Year off to a healthy start by joining Footfalls on a unique Wicklow walking experience to see the sunrise over the mountains for the first time in 2024. Brockagh Mountain, the Valley of Glendalough & The Green Road.
Registration will be in the, Carpark at Lynhams Hotel, Laragh Village. A98 K576
Level: Moderate (13 km – 260 m Ascent)
Registration: @ 05.45 am, departing at 06.00 am (sharp).
Route: From the village of Laragh our journey takes us into Brockagh Forest, where we will join the Wicklow Way, and follow it out onto the lower slopes of Brockagh Mountain. From here we will descend back to join the Wicklow Way and follow the trail into the valley of Glendalough. Continuing through the Monastic Settlement and onto the Upper Lake.
Our return journey to Laragh is via the old Green Road, where we will indulge ourselves in a hearty breakfast in Lynhams Hotel, Laragh Village.
This walk is suitable for beginners.
Cost: €30 per person, including breakfast.–This Walk Is Now Fully Booked
- Every walker must have submitted an entry form and paid the fee in advance.
- Please register online –This Walk Is Now Fully Booked
- DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE WALKS
- Participants on the walk must be 16 years or older. An adult who will assume complete liability must accompany participants under 16 years of age.
- Walkers must be fully equipped and capable of undertaking the walk. The committee will not accept responsibility for any accident, however, it may arise.
If you need to cancel, please contact us before the 26th of December 2023; 5% bank fees and handling charges will apply. After that date (NO REFUND)
- Good waterproof walking boots with good ankle support.
- Good rain jacket & over-trousers
- Warm clothing, dress with layers rather than one heavy sweatshirt
- BackPack, lined with a plastic bag to contain some extra clothing
- Hat and Gloves
- Head Torch/Flashlight
- Walking poles and gaiters (Optional)
- Hot drink & water
- A good sense of adventure & fun!
It is the responsibility of the participants to ensure they are suitably equipped for the walk.
Jeans and trainers/runners are not suitable for mountain walking.
Unless walkers are wearing suitable walking boots and clothing, they will not be allowed to participate in the walk!