- At Footfalls Walking Holiday, we believe that sustainable tourism is tourism that takes full account of its current and future economic, social, and environmental impacts while addressing the needs of visitors, the industry, the environment, and host communities. We therefore aim to reduce our negative effects and increase our positive impacts.
Our sustainability goals include:
- Reducing our carbon footprint
- Conserving water
- Reducing waste
- Protecting wildlife and natural areas
- Supporting local communities
We are taking a number of initiatives to achieve our sustainability goals, including:
- Using renewable energy
- Conserving water by using efficient irrigation systems
- Reducing waste by using reusable materials and composting
- Protecting wildlife and natural areas by working with local conservation groups
- Supporting local communities by hiring local people and using local businesses
We will annually report on our progress in achieving our sustainability goals. We will
also make our sustainability report available to the public.
We are committed to operating our walking holiday tours in a sustainable manner. We believe that this is the right thing to do for the environment and for our business. As part of our commitment we aim by March 2025 to sign up to a carbon offsetting scheme, to help us achieve our targets, the scheme we sign up to will meet the requirements of our ethos and beliefs.
Thank you for your interest in our sustainability policy.